Friday, September 19, 2008

First Blog

I have been wanting to write a blog for a long time. I have a lot of talented friends who are writers and many of them have been saying I should do this for a long time. Where to begin. I should start out by telling you a little about myself. I am a woman who works in the computer industry. A wierd and wonderful place where you get to work with some amazing people and some who are not so amazing. Tech geeks tend to be emotionally backwards. They love computers but people trip them up. They would rather sit in a room with machines than be forced to interact with humans. And of course my fellow employees are usually men. So you can see where communication, not to mention that old glass ceiling, could be problematic.

I love what I do though. I love the mystery of it. Fixing a computer is like solving a puzzle, a lot of the time you will know the answer right off the bat. Then there are those times when you get to really explore and search for a solution. Those are my favorite times. I also love people. I like talking to them, being with them and relating with them. So you can see that I am not your usual Techie.

No comments: